While not a completely new surgical technique, endometrial ablation, also known as “global ablation”, has evolved into an innovative technique to control heavy menstrual bleeding. This procedure is often recommended as an alternative to hysterectomy.
- Treats heavy and painful periods without the need for a hysterectomy
- Procedure can easily be performed in the office
- Almost no discomfort and can be performed under local anesthesia
- Requires no incisions
- Less than 48 hour recovery time
- Greater than 90% satisfaction rate
Endometrial Ablation Methods:
There are several methods of endometrial ablation procedures performed in the office setting. Your physician may have a preference for one procedure over another. The following global ablation procedures are available for use in the physician’s office.
© 2012-2016 Women’s Care Florida. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.